343 Adelphi Street, Brooklyn, New York11238 (718) 783-8135
Member USALocal 829 - Lighting Design
|Theatrical Lighting Design
Boston Lyric Opera
- Eugene Onegin, March 2005, directed by James Robinson
- Rigoletto, November 2003, directed by Lorenzo Marianni
The Dallas Opera
- Nabucco, November 2006, directed by James Robinson
Houston Grand Opera
The Minnesota Opera
- L'Elisir d'Amore , February 2007, directed by James Robinson
- La Boheme, February 2004, directed by James Robinson
- I Pagliacci / Carmina Burana, February 1999, directed by Chris Mattaliano
The Roundabout Theater Company
The Seattle Opera
- Der Rosenkavalier, August 2006, directed by Dieter Kaegi
- La Fanciulla del West, March 2004, directed by Stephanie Sundine
Wolftrap Opera Co.
- Die Entfuhrung Aus Dem Serail, July 1998 directed by James Robinson
- Cosi Fan Tutte, directed by Chris Mattaliano
- Le Nozze Di Figaro, August 1989 directed by Ken Cazan
|Client list includes:
- SAP Sapphire, Las Vegas, Lisbon, Orlando, New Orleans, Boston 2000-2005
Food Network Television
- Chelsea Market Test Kitchen 2004
Sony Consumer Products
- Comdex 1995-96,1998-99; PC Expo 1996, 1998-99; CES 1997, 1999 2005
The Institute for Exploration
- Mystic Seaport, Mystic, CT, 1999
- AT&T Innoventions at Disneyland 1998
- IBM Innoventions at EPCOT Center 1993, 1998
Designer of EFX Plus, Product of the Year, Theatrical effects projector, LDI 1998
M.F.A. Lighting Design 1986, New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, N.Y.
B.A. Theatre Arts 1983, State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, N.Y.
A graduate of the New York University MFA program in theatrical design, he has worked in opera, theatre, and ballet all over the world. On Broadway he has been part of the lighting design team for such hit musicals as Sunset Boulevard, Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, Big, and Falsettos. He has designed lighting for the Houston Grand, Los Angeles, Portland, Minnesota, and Wolftrap Operas, in addition to numerous North American regional theatres. He has also designed a unique effects projection system, the EFX Plus, winning product of the year at Lighting Design International 1998.
Major exhibit lighting design includes ATT (Innoventions at Disneyland), AVAYA, IBM (Innoventions at Disneyworld), Lucent Technologies, Monsanto (Innoventions at Disneyworld), SAP, SONY Electronics, SONY Playstation, and The Institute for Exploration at Mystic, CT; an environmental museum dedicated to deep-sea exploration for the discoverer of the Titanic, Bob Ballard.